Thursday, January 3, 2013

A New year

I stand here once again at the beginning of a new year. I am both invigorated and sadden. I am invigorated that there is a new year and I am once again determined to achieve goals I have set for myself, and of course that is also why I am sadden, as these goals are much the same as the ones I have set in previous years. I stand with the same determination in my heart every year. I have a plan in place and tools to use. It should then be a simple process then, but of course as I am repeating some of my list it is obvious that it is not easy at all.
This year I am determined to succeed. Now you may be asking 'what is so different this time around', a valid question, as I have asked myself the same thing. And I believe that is part of the difference. I have not randomly decided that this year I would once again do 1,2,3. I have decided that each day is a new one. This way I cannot sabotage myself for longer than one day. I am going to wake up and face my day with that determination in my heart and my mind. I have my affirmations in place, my journal ready and tools to stop that inner part of myself that drives me to fail.
I finally realise that I have a total black or white side to my mental thought process, and it is this lack of fluidity that has brought about my many failures in the past. My solution to this is to
1. Recognised this part of myself
2. Be on constant vigil of its appearance
3. Understand the emotional signals and my responses
4. Be in a constant re-set mood
5. Treat every day as day 1
6. Be a gentler person to me.
7. Be real in my goals
8. Accept failure as part of success.
Now armed with a new thought process and a acceptance that along the way
I will have failures along with success's I am ready to move into this year with a hope for achievement of my goals and room to pack any baggage I find away for ever.

Namaste and may this year flow with love and peace for you
Debra Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment