Sunday, January 6, 2013

Choose Wisely

I find it interesting how we as a society cycle our fashion choices, our beliefs, foods and so on, the list is never ending. I knew from studying History at school that events of the past are often repeated so in time we could almost predict a pattern. So I find that it is interesting that I am seeing in the last five years particular a huge growth in the Metaphysical field. I have been exploring this area since I was 18 years old, so I have been at it for a very long time. When I started out I was lucky to be in England where it is considered quite normal to talk aura's and ghosts ect, and as a avid reader I found a fantastic resource as I traveled that helped awaken me and teach me. I also found other like minded people in Australia that helped me explore the health area's of metaphysics like reflexology and massage as well as at that time -the early 1980's- more unusual area's like past life regression and automatic writing to contact guides. I have through out the years explored many area's of spirit and also religion and have mingled in therapies like Reiki and Chakra healing with massage and aromatherapy.
After many years I have a true understanding of who I am and what my 'talents' are in this vast area of knowledge. I have over the years gotten to a point where I am thankful for my 'gifts' but at the same time I believe in creating a whole balanced perception so it is only part of the whole that is 'me'.
Today I can pick up both metaphysical and main stream magazines and find many columns of physics, healers, guided mediums and so many other fields that seem to grow every time I read a new addition. In many ways I think this is fantastic as it is so excepted and mainstream. BUT at the same time I am concerned. My concerns lay in a few areas. They both come from my experiences as a practicing physic and as a teacher of energy courses. I have found that there are many wonderful people out there who are completely authentic in both their talents and in their respect of their 'gift' and the people they serve. Then there are those who belief they have a 'gift' and belief they are helping people. Then we have the total scammers, those who are much like the grifter's of old, they have either a great ability to con or have some talent but choose to use it to make as much money as possible. I believe we all have choices and every person has a place and a role to play - and when I am in my lack of judgement place I tend to be neutral. Now that is only some times! I get really mad at the injustices that occur in our vast world, even though I believe and understand karma and past lives does not mean the woman in me does not act out.
To actively swindle and use a medium I believe in makes me angry for many reasons.
1. It is immoral and illegal
2. It is often aimed at the most vulnerable
3. It is a stain used to colour all of us who are in this field
We are in a time frame where the metaphysical fields are becoming more and more popular with people from all walks of life and so along with the true and the gifted are the what-a-be and the good old fashioned con artists.
Those of us who believe in positive intentions and harming no one in our processes need to be on guard against those who are using only lies or cons and fear to gain a profit, because in the past, their deeds have been used against all of us. The government in this country is already charging taxes for physics who read in Metaphysical stores and have also started to press charges against some con artists. My concern is that laws will be enforced that curb without a working knowledge of what they are dealing with, what and how we can work. We need to embrace this growth but at the same time be respectful to the Universal Laws that granted us these gifts. Apart from acting with a high individual moral code and speaking up when in the presence of a scammer at this time their is little else we can do to safe guard the magical, mystical world we visit often. I hope the acts of some do not act as a catalyst to the detriment of those of honest intent.
To those of you who use the services of a medium. physic or healer be on guard and use your judgement. If fear is being used to motivate you, get up and leave. If your gut is telling you this is wrong, trust it. If the person you are going to promises to heal you then be on guard as most of us who deal in healing energy understand we are a tool and hope to aide YOU in the healing process WE cannot heal you. If you are being asked many questions to get a answer then again be on guard. Like many areas of our lives using our own inner guidance and discretion is need here as well. There are so many real talented people out there who wish to be of authentic assistance, find them, do not buy into the hype or fancy dress that many use to make you believe that they are gifted....in this case buyer be ware.


Namaste
Debra Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment