Saturday, January 12, 2013

Mind-Full-Ness

We literally have the opportunity every day to rewrite our own stories. Our now is lead by our beliefs and our thought processes, so at any time we can create change. It is as simple and as complex as that! We have all said to ourselves at one time or another 'I have changed my mind'; now the power behind that statement is profound. We, as human beings have the unique ability to stop and think and reassess ourselves all the time. It is an amazing power and resource that we tend to be both unaware of or disregard most of the time.
The saying 'Put your mind to it' is again used often; but what does it really mean to you and I? It seems to me that in this day and age we are encouraged to look beyond our self as a resource. We rarely look within to the heart and mind of the problem, we seek solutions with friends, family, the internet or a professional. Unfortunately we also seek solutions in drugs, alcohol, sex or food to name just a few areas. We have not been taught to have a trust and faith in the strength of our own minds and convictions.
Just think, what keeps you on track to start something new or go to the gym or on the other hand what keeps you trapped in old negative habits? The answer to both is your mind. It is the most powerful resource we have, and the most under utilised asset, as most of us live in a automatic haze and rarely stop and 'think' about our why's and how's.
Today you have the power to access your most vital resource YOUR MIND and you can learn to master it. Now it is both as I have stated before simple and complex. It is simple because you can learn what works for you to create these changes, you can access your dreams and hopes and you can make a plan on how to achieve them and you can 'SET' your mind to getting there. It is also complex because in our mind we have created a maze of ideas and thoughts that often are wrapped in misconception and full of 'feelings' and these often stop us from moving forward.
The challenge is to find and work with the right tools to move through these mind-fields and to re-set your mind to work for you and with you.
When this is achieved, you will be able to then climb that internal mountain and stand tall yelling ' I did it!'
In my journey I have discovered a few tools that work well for me:

Meditation, because it allows the mind to be still and fears to be reached

Journaling, because it is a great way of seeing your fears as well as your hopes and giving space for both; a release and a direction.

Affirmations, because having a mantra of sorts focuses my mind and gives me a direction as well

Visualisation, because I find it is important to have a picture in my mind to show myself where I want to head...I need to see and feel it for it to be real.

These are just a few tools, there are so many more but I have found that everyone has their own source that works for them, they just have to take the steps to find out what they are.
Remember you can change your life, direction, negative thoughts ect every day. Your MIND is your most powerful resource, explore it!

Today I awake to a new adventure knowing that my life is full of everything I need to be happy, healthy and successful!

Namaste
Debra Rae

 

No comments:

Post a Comment